[Rabbit-dev] Block all flash?
Arkoudeas Dimosthenis
2012-11-14 14:03:56 UTC
Dear all, I am trying to block all flash files using Rabbit proxy. Has anyone managed to do something like this?I tried to add a regex rule to rabbit.filter.BlockFilter but that doesn't seem to make any difference. And help appriciated, Regards, Dimosthenis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:03:56 +0200
Post by Arkoudeas Dimosthenis
Dear all, I am trying to block all flash files using Rabbit proxy.
Oh, why? Is it not easier to use something like flashblocker/adblocker?
Post by Arkoudeas Dimosthenis
Has anyone managed to do something like this?I tried to add a regex
rule to rabbit.filter.BlockFilter but that doesn't seem to make any
difference. And help appriciated, Regards, Dimosthenis
BlockFilter works on url so it is currently not very well suited to
do this kind of blocking. Anyway, if I were to develop this feature
I would write a HttpFilter that checks the content type header and
blocks based on that one. It is pretty trivial to develop such a
filter, do you want me to take a look at it?

I am not sure what content types flash use though, I have had flash
blocking enabled since forever in my browsers, so if you can provide
a few pointers to what content types I should include I would be
happy.

/robo