[Rabbit-dev] Setup as a ReverseProxy
Jeff Adamson
2010-02-08 23:17:16 UTC
I am trying to use rabbit as a reverse proxy.

So far I have altered the sample conf/nocache.conf by updating
"httpinfilters=rabbit.filter.HttpBaseFilter,rabbit.filter.ReverseProxy"
and added section
[rabbit.filter.ReverseProxy]
# Change requests starting with / to http://www.google.com/
transformMatch=^/(.*)
transformTo=http://www.google.com/$1
# Deny proxy requests, you probably want this.
deny=^http(s?)://.*
# If we want to allow admin access.
allowMeta=false

At this point I had expected that executing `java -jar jars/rabbit3.jar -f
conf/nocache.conf` would allow me to navigate to http://localhost:9667 in a
web browser (without any proxy settings in browser) and see google.com
What am I doing wrong, is there a different port or some alternate means for
engaging the reverseproxy aspect of RabbIT?

Thanks for any help or pointers you can provide.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:17:16 -0500
Post by Jeff Adamson
I am trying to use rabbit as a reverse proxy.
So far I have altered the sample conf/nocache.conf by updating
"httpinfilters=rabbit.filter.HttpBaseFilter,rabbit.filter.ReverseProxy"
and added section
You should change the order so that you have
httpinfilters=rabbit.filter.ReverseProxy,rabbit.filter.HttpBaseFilter
Post by Jeff Adamson
[rabbit.filter.ReverseProxy] ...
Ok, that looks good.0
Post by Jeff Adamson
At this point I had expected that executing `java -jar jars/rabbit3.jar -f
conf/nocache.conf` would allow me to navigate to http://localhost:9667 ...
Ok, something like that ought to work.

Why are you still on rabbit/3? is there a reason you are not using rabbit/4?

/robo
Jeff Adamson
2010-02-09 15:12:15 UTC
Thanks a ton, that was the problem.

As to why I'm using RabbIT/3, it is simply because my company is already
using RabbIT/3 in another process. We have not had a need to updated to
RabbIT/4 and hence those have not been reviewed or migrated to yet. I wanted
to initially experiment with RabbIT/3 since we have history with those
before I try evaluating RabbIT/4.

Thanks again
Jeff

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Robert Olofsson <
Post by Robert Olofsson
Post by Jeff Adamson
conf/nocache.conf` would allow me to navigate to http://localhost:9667...
Ok, something like that ought to work.
Why are you still on rabbit/3? is there a reason you are not using rabbit/4?
/robo
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Thanks a ton, that was the problem.

As to why I'm using RabbIT/3, it is simply because my company is already
using RabbIT/3 in another process. We have not had a need to updated to
RabbIT/4 and hence those have not been reviewed or migrated to yet. I wanted
to initially experiment with RabbIT/3 since we have history with those
before I try evaluating RabbIT/4.

Thanks again
Jeff

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Robert Olofsson <
Post by Robert Olofsson
Post by Jeff Adamson
conf/nocache.conf` would allow me to navigate to http://localhost:9667...
Ok, something like that ought to work.
Why are you still on rabbit/3? is there a reason you are not using rabbit/4?
/robo
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Thanks a ton, that was the problem.

As to why I'm using RabbIT/3, it is simply because my company is already
using RabbIT/3 in another process. We have not had a need to updated to
RabbIT/4 and hence those have not been reviewed or migrated to yet. I wanted
to initially experiment with RabbIT/3 since we have history with those
before I try evaluating RabbIT/4.

Thanks again
Jeff

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Robert Olofsson <

/robo
Jeff Adamson