[Rabbit-dev] incorrect http protocol
Rick Leir
2010-08-18 20:38:41 UTC
What is the policy on sites that serve http incorrectly? My preference
would be to accommodate them, and attempt to make it transparent.
I have a default conf file, with:
StrictHTTP=false

For example, this page renders incorrectly:
www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/searchMetric.html?form=MSERRO&q=express
s css images ui bg glass 65 ffffff 1x400 png

Corresponding log:
18-Aug-2010 4:33:22 PM rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser verifyResponse
WARNING: http response header with odd start:???
(those last chars are ^H^A)

Thanks -- Rick

Rick Leir rick (at)leirtech (.) com
http://blinkmonitor.com/
Robert Olofsson
2010-08-18 22:12:29 UTC
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:38:41 -0400
Post by Rick Leir
What is the policy on sites that serve http incorrectly? My preference
would be to accommodate them, and attempt to make it transparent.
That should be the default option, yes.
If rabbit can not figure out the protocol it basically ought to go into
tunneling mode.
Post by Rick Leir
StrictHTTP=false
www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/searchMetric.html?form=MSERRO&q=express
s css images ui bg glass 65 ffffff 1x400 png
Not sure I understand how that is supposed to look, I only see gray in
firefox (both with and without rabbit). Can you get some screenshot?
Post by Rick Leir
18-Aug-2010 4:33:22 PM rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser verifyResponse
WARNING: http response header with odd start:???
(those last chars are ^H^A)
I do not see that in my logs. But I am not sure if that is a problem with
a specific resource, that looks more like response resource parsing has
been messed up or that some buffer has gotten bad data in it (like the
request buffer overwrites that could happen up till recently).

It would of course be good to get network traces from bad request/responses.

/robo
Rick Leir
2010-08-20 16:00:34 UTC
Post by Robert Olofsson
It would of course be good to get network traces from bad request/responses.
/robo
My bad, I 'cleaned' the project so it rebuilt everything, and now I get
the grey page like you (it is a correct null page). I must have had old
class files.
Rick
Robert Olofsson
2010-08-20 17:08:44 UTC
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:00:34 -0400
Post by Rick Leir
My bad, I 'cleaned' the project so it rebuilt everything, and now I get
the grey page like you (it is a correct null page). I must have had old
class files.
Ok, glad to hear that.
That problem was a bit embarrassing so having a second one would be bad.

Thanks!
/robo